Thursday, December 29, 2005

Life

Life-The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli or adaptation to the environment originating from within the organism.
The physical, mental, and spiritual experiences that constitute existence


Hmmm, today is December 29, 2005; seven years have passed since this day which seems like a lifetime ago. The day that I lived to see December 30, 1998, not that I remember that day or the subsequent days and months following. I remember being in a lot of pain and taking lots of drugs and bits and pieces of shock trauma but there is still no order to any of it and time seems a bit skewed during that period. I am so very happy that things are the way that they are. I have a beautiful, smart, funny daughter that is growing quickly, a wonderful partner (that gives and brings so much to me) who I love and care for deeply, a place that pays me (though frustrating at times) to do something I really care about, two sweet, loving kittens to greet me in the evenings and life. Some one asked me once what was so great about being alive and what living means my response is: To hear the trees talking to each other in the breeze, the lady walking along by herself that you randomly give a flower to, the smile on someone's face that touches the eyes, running through grass with barefeet, spinning until you are dizzy and fall down, dreaming of all the places that you will experience, touching the lives of others and helping, watching a spider weave a web, seeing the stars on a cold crisp night, these are just a few of the things that living means to me. I at times forget these things and it always seems when I need a bit of inspiration that someone or something nudges these things from the depths of my mind.

No comments: