Friday, July 28, 2006

Sad, sad, sad

Last night I said I love you and goodbye to my Merlin, it was the hardest thing I have ever done but I stayed with him through the process to comfort him and make sure he knew he was not alone. It was the only thing we could do given his illness and with the progression of neurological and clinical symptoms he was showing. I am sad, numb, sick, anxious and a big mess today. Last night was the second night I have slept alone since we adopted him, he was my friend, companion and there for me when no one else could be. He gave me so much and comforted me when I had a need. I loved that little kitten so very much and will miss him greatly. It is hard to explain the loss to people that do not have pets or think of them only as things, he was part of my family. My friends and family have been wonderful through all of this and I want to thank all who have been so supportive, encouraging over the course of his illness and his death. The kindness and concern from all have really helped me through all this and I so greatly appreciate every word, action and thought.

Thank you!!!

Puuurrrrrr

PS: If you would like to donate in Merlins name to help in the research of FIP please donate to one of the following this disease is brutal and fatal:



No comments: