Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Sparkle and Shine

I found myself out for a walk this morning and was struck by the lack of folks out and about, walking along I found myself listening to the birds and the hum of air conditioners working. I guess what struck me the most is how lonely things have become in communities. Growing up we as kids ran around from morning until dark, parents outside actually talking to neighbors and knowing them by name, in deciding where to live I want to find a community, one that brings back some of the joys and happiness of years gone by. I was thinking about how the world has changed from the time I was young (which was not long ago), I do not send my child out to play with her friends as most of them live outside of our neighborhood and no longer do I really know my neighbors and communicate with them often except to say hello. I find this somewhat sad and have decided that I will create this sense of fun and joy to bring back what has been lost from my carefree innocence. I suppose as a country we have smaller families, less sense of family and friends as everyone is so worried about schools, work and what they have. No more interaction when you can sit alone in your house talking to people half a world away, no interaction with the actual carbon based life forms surrounding you, sad. I love interacting with people and at times I encounter some pretty crappy people but sometimes I see a smile and sunshine so strongly from just one person it reminds me there is hope and life among me. I love that when I encounter a person I know will make me smile and bring something to the world without asking for anything in return. These people sparkle and shine and I am happy just to encounter them and be around them hopefully offering some sparkle and shine of my own to others as well. I will send some sparkle and shine out to all I know and hopefully it will help when someone needs it.

Puuurrrrrr

XXX

No comments: