Saturday, September 03, 2005

My week in review

First week of school is now completed. So far the strinbean has decided Latin is her favorite school subject. She has made two new girlfriends and exclaimed to me earlier in the week, "I really like my new school". Good news!!! Yeah!!!

Pain has been an issue that I have dealt with all week. Percocet did not even touch the pain in my face this week. It started on Tuesday and has subsided somewhat over the past 24 hours. I had about a total of 10 hours of sleep between Tuesday night and Friday night. One good thing about face pain is that it makes me realize back pain is a breeze to deal with. I also have issues with swelling and disfiguring of the face due to the fact that I felt like the elephant man for about a year after my accident. Now if I have any facial swelling I revert back to being very self conscious. The scars that now exist on my face just make me imperfect and I am perfect in my imperfection, so that is not an issue.

Friday night sleepover with 4 eleven years old on limited sleep during the week just makes for a surreal evening. Dressing the little kitten in Build A Bear clothing was the highlight on Sat. morning. The silly kitten, Puck, liked it I think. Stupid kitten, but we love him anyway.

Sick kitten, Merlin, makes me very anxious and I hope I am just being paranoid about his behaviour but I feel our time with Merlin is beginning to slip away. I knew the outcome from the diagnosis, letting go is so hard but I will not allow him to suffer.

Hurricane Katrina- This sucks and the media just seems so insincere and gets under my skin when providing coverage. This is nothing new though the news media in general lacks any depth and loves to sensationalise disaster.

President Bush is the best puppet I have ever seen, I mean can we say the man lacks most of the most important qualities that a leader from the "free world" should have. I dislike the way he speaks, handles any important crisis and in general I think he sucks. This is a problem with most politicians in my opinion.

People in general suck, why I expect people to behave in a compassionate and understanding way I will never know. Why I am surprised that people think they have to use vocabulary and words to make themselves feel superior I will never understand. I am no better than the homeless heroin addict down on Baltimore Street and I hope I have never made anyone feel like less of a person in my actions, words or deeds. I run on emotions, sometimes that is difficult for people to deal with, but that is one of the definitions of who I am. It allows me to care about people, life and the world is general but at times causes me much distress. Do I want to be even and lack this aspect of myself? NO WAY!!!!!

Little girl lost behind blue eyes
scared, she was to let go
Sad girl hidden behind red smiles
afraid of where she wanted to go
Little girl feeling blue, lost the
day
as she stumbled and tumbled, one shoe left behind
broken and bleeding on the sidewalk
Never thought in the end of
how to let go
Beautiful woman with tears in her eyes
appreciating every day that goes by
red smiles with joy, compassion and
nothing to hide

Puuurrrrrrrr

XXX

No comments: