Saturday, August 26, 2006

Hobbit like

There are certain books that I love to read and when completed the wonder and awe of a writer that can hold me so firmly in the tale no matter how many times I read the story delights me. I just completed The Hobbit for the billionth time, the love I have for this story never seems to fade. It is magic, pure magic and I love the telling of the story....

The part of the tale I am entering now in my life mirrors at times certain parts of The Hobbit, I know it sounds knd of silly but in some ways it is true. I was sitting my hobbit hole under the hill, comfortable and content not realising that adventure was sitting on my doorstep...

Along comes my wizard to pull me out of my comfortable little hole and makes me understand that there is more to life than tea and meals. tee hee. Then the adventure begins, there are dragons and goblins but along the way there are friends and in the end that is what gets you through the bad things and under the mountain where the gold lies. There are no battles with swords but regardless there are battles, even with yourself when trying new tasks and things that make you uncomfortable. So in this adventure, I am finding some good friends, being reaquainted with people , and realising that these are the things I want.

I have a feeling that things are going to move forward and that wonderful adventures are approaching life, with autumn and winter around the corner I believe that things are going to change. I am not afraid of the changes and embrace them as often as possible.

I am focusing on the changes, of myself, the goals I set and the relationships I am forming. It feels good to start friendships on honesty and openess and the people I have been able to do this with are recptive, compassioante and understanding, because I think in their own way they have all lost at one time or another their self and gone insane. I have finally come to terms with who I was and why I will never allow myself to be that person again. I know at times that I may cause hurt and pain to someone but it will never be because I am being decietful or dishonest to myself or those around me. I have been very fortunate to have been able to work on these issues and been able to be where I am now. I do not and will not take that for granted and I believe that is why this adventure has opened itself to me, I am now ready. I am aware that my position at the cancer center has also provided me with more compassion and caring than I ever thought possible but it also brings with the revelation that along with that is hurt, sadness and pain at times. These emotions along with the anger sometimes at how unfair the universe seems to be has made me thoughtful of the relationships I am forming and have formed over the past few years. I understand that some things are totally out of my control and can not be by anyone or anything. So for now my adventure has started and I have identified the goals and hopefully they can be accomplished but I understand that things do not always happen the way you want but maybe working together with people you can figure out a solution when you lose your path and things are not wonderful. I am excited and hopeful that this adventure though it may have some loses will turn out to be part of an epic adventure!!

Puuurrrrrrrrr


XXX

No comments: