Thursday, October 05, 2006

Sitting

I am sitting and reflecting this morning on the state of the world, a few things take the front of the train that comprise my thoughts-
1. The Amish people are really, really forgiving people.
The school killing phenomena is just bizarre, people are upset that it keeps happening they are outraged and scared. The thing is that it has been happening for some time, rural areas just never had to deal with violence the ways cities have and they live in some dreamland that because you live in a nice area with little or no crime that bad things do not happen. Check your local sex crime site and look how many offenders live in your zip code and those are just the ones that have been registered. Bad things happen EVERYWHERE, there are bad people in every community, so while I grumble because of having to purchase a clear backpack or mesh backpack for the bean, that locked doors and having to ring the bell to be admitted into school takes time,complain about the buses taking forever because I will not let the bean go home alone, I now realize the importance of these requirements.

2. The whole Foley thing just pretty much disgusts me, he disgusts me. Can not really say much more about this topic except that as it just makes me angry.

3. This week I was confronted with a situation I have not had to face before at work, it really made me feel helpless and heartbroken. I know that many people do not go out of their way to assist people with their problems and I know that I try to do as much as I can possibly do to try not to be that person especially when dealing with end of life issues, I believe that it is a responsibility to be compassionate and caring when you take when you are employed with services that focus on end of life care. When dealing with end of life care there is a need to allow the patient to have dignity, comfort and care that makes the process much easier for the family and the patient, when these values and goals are not met and handled poorly, it makes me question the compassion, or lack there of, in people as a whole. Makes me sad...

Those a few of the thoughts transversely navigating through my noggin, hmmmm....

Puuurrrrr

XXX

4.

No comments: