Friday, September 29, 2006

Dreaming.....

dream  /drim/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[dream] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, dreamed or dreamt, dream‧ing, adjective

–noun 1. a succession of images, thoughts, or emotions passing through the mind during sleep.
2. the sleeping state in which this occurs.
3. an object seen in a dream.
4. an involuntary vision occurring to a person when awake.
5. a vision voluntarily indulged in while awake; daydream; reverie.
6. an aspiration; goal; aim: A trip to Europe is his dream.
7. a wild or vain fancy.
8. something of an unreal beauty, charm, or excellence.
–verb (used without object) 9. to have a dream.
10. to indulge in daydreams or reveries: He dreamed about vacation plans when he should have been working.
11. to think or conceive of something in a very remote way (usually fol. by of): I wouldn't dream of asking them.
–verb (used with object) 12. to see or imagine in sleep or in a vision.
13. to imagine as if in a dream; fancy; suppose.
14. to pass or spend (time) in dreaming (often fol. by away): to dream away the afternoon.
–adjective 15. most desirable; ideal: a dream vacation.
—Verb phrase16. dream up, to form in the imagination; devise: They dreamed up the most impossible plan.
Compliments of Dictionary.com

I love how one word means so many things, from realistic goals to dreams and things of extreme beauty. I often wonder why some people have stopped dreaming, where those dreams went and why their lives are not intermingled with their dreams. Even through the worst moments of my life I am always finding new dreams and rediscovering old dreams, hopes, aims, figments of my imaginations, sparks that keep me going and lusting after life. I love living, experiencing, dreaming.... How mundane, bleak and dark life would be without these little things called dreams that keep me skipping, dancing, skating, falling, and pushing through the seconds of our lifetime.

Last night as the warm air was blown out by dark stormy skies, I felt a little catch in my breathing that excitement building as the storm unleashed itself, I love that, this afternoon I am daydreaming about that moment. That little catch the racing heart the urge to go running and playing in the storm..

I love being the dreamer....

Puuurrrrrrr

XXX

"Dreaming. -- Either one does not dream at all, or one dreams in an interesting manner. One must learn to be awake in the same fashion: -- either not at all, or in an interesting manner"
Friedrich Nietzsche

No comments: