Friday, December 29, 2006

Ahhhhh, breathe

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”
James Dean

This morning I walked through the hallways, took a trip down to trauma, felt giddy at the prospect that I can eight years later walk through this hospital and be alive. There are no words to explain the high, no substance that could make me feel so elated, no words that capture the feelings of what is going on inside me at this moment. Through all the hurt, the pain, the problems, the mistakes, I have arrived here, the place where it was all given back to me, so in turn I try to give back the compassion, the empathy, the hope that resides here due to the people that dedicate themselves to being here. I am not sure I have ever thanked the people who worked so hard to help me, from my friends, my family, the firemen, the medics, the nurses, the interns, the Drs., and anyone else that contributed to giving me a chance at living. Thank you, you saved my life

“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.”
Buddha (Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta)

No comments: