Monday, August 06, 2007

Hot, hot, and hot

After a week of little sleep and lots of shirt making the V Fest arrived. I had a great time even though it was hot, the track was inclined asphalt. I was so happy that on Sunday it had cooled down a bit and I was able to enjoy some the music. I was able to catch part of the Beastie Boys and Amy Winehouse (Needs to go to Rehab, YES, YES, YES) on Sat. It was long, hot and some fun but I was totally drained as all my energy was used up by sweating a lot.

Sunday I was introduced to CSS (Cansei de Ser Sexy), they really kicked my day off right, fun and energetic. I then had some fun scrimmages, then went off to catch Bad Brains, who were incredible. We all felt a little special when the Wu Tang Clan started chanting our derby teams name for the day (Poon Tang Clan) and we started off skating to them until we were totally rained out (incline+outdoor wheels+asphalt=many derby girls slipping and sliding). I was then able to catch the end of Velvet Revolver, did not get to hear much of that set so i can not really comment. Then it was time to watch the Smashing Pumpkins (Yay!!!) and a bit of 311 in the rain. It was two long, hot days of derby, music, sweating and being disgustingly dirty which made it all that much more fun.

XXX

No comments: